BUSINESS & STRESS MANAGEMENT TIPS
& ONLINE COURSE SPECIAL OFFERS
by clicking the button below:
Help with stress
Liz Makin completed research in 2012 into the benefits of one to one business mentoring to business owners of established small businesses in the UK from the business owner's perspective and what it is about business mentoring that creates the benefits.
The key findings of the research are:
* Business owners know nothing or very little about business mentoring before they start and they have a small number of benefits they are looking for from the business mentoring.
* When the business owners have the business mentoring they receive a lot and a wide range of benefits, including business benefits, personal benefits and benefits through the business mentor providing support, the business owner taking time out of their business to reflect and the business mentoring process itself. The benefits of business mentoring received by the business owners are summarised below and attached (pdf format).
* After having the business mentoring business owners expect to grow and expand their business and deal with more on their own.
* Each business owner receives a different combination of business mentoring benefits and any business owner can potentially benefit from business mentoring and can receive benefits of any type at any stage of the business mentoring.
* The different benefits are interconnected and there can be a knock on effect from one benefit to another.
* A combination of different elements (Business mentor, Business owner and Business mentoring related) comes together in the business mentoring to create the benefits.
This research was carried out by Liz Makin as part of a Masters degree in Coaching & Behavioural Change at Henley Business School (University of Reading).
To read more about this research and to find out about the different benefits you can receive from business mentoring and using a business mentor please download the research findings summary report (pdf format) below:
The benefits of business mentoring to business owners
of established small businesses in the UK
(Research findings summary report)
by Liz Makin
Published November 2012
Please call Liz on 01780 765270 or email Liz@makinithappen.co.uk
to arrange a FREE consultation session
to discuss our business coaching, business mentoring and stress management services for business owners, directors, managers and professionals.